Thursday, October 16, 2008

perfect fall breakfast


It's persimmon season! I didn't really know about this fruit until recently, long after admiring the mysterious orange orbs dangling from a tree in a neighbor's yard after it lost its leaves. It wasn't until I started buying most of my produce at the farmer's market last year that I really came to appreciate the persimmon, it has a pronounced sweetness and a very mild flavor, so it can complement many other foods. We got our first three of the season last Sunday and they've been ripening all week. I tried one yesterday for breakfast and was so pleased with the result that I decided to repeat the meal today and to document the deliciousness. Persimmon mush + yogurt (full fat, please) + pecans + flax meal = divine yum! (a cup of hot coffee is a nice addition).

No comments: